Thursday, March 5, 2015

March 4th 2015

I do believe that this day was done on this day for a reason. The night before had been a detrimental night to a close friendship of mine, and I was in dire straights. I was not at my top performing self, on the contrary I was below the line of functioning. I felt sick, emotionally and physically. I woke up late, had a rough time getting my bag packed, and was charged an extra $40 for a phone call I had made the night before, in an attempt to save a friendship. This was all leading up to one of the most important days that I would experience thus far in my life.

Getting to the airport, my credit card declined, because of the extra $40 charge earlier. After getting into the airport, the security screening took longer than expected. After a 35 minute wait, TSA pulled me aside and tested my bag for substances of unknown origin, to ultimately let me pass by without further investigation. At this point, I had no idea that I had been watched the whole time by a person of importance. I sat down, relieved, waiting for the flight director to inform the passengers it was time to board. At that very moment I looked up to see the executive assistant to the general manager of the resort I had worked at, exactly one year ago, to the date. I made my way over to speak with her and I told her of my job prospecting in that home town of mine and she informed me that there were positions open and that she had the intentions of reaching out to me.

First of all, I had applied at about six or seven different hotels throughout the area, about four weeks previously. I had given up hope because I had not even received a single email in regards to what was going on. I figured my resumes were dead in the water and I was alright with it. Sure enough, the 4th of March would be that faithful day to change everything.

We boarded the plane, and I was sitting in my seat thinking to myself, "what a strange way to start the day. I am happy about what is going on so far, hopefully this flight will be easy." After landing in my new home town, I made my way to the taxis and then to the train in downtown. I rode the train to the place I left my truck on Sunday afternoon, and headed north to my house.

About halfway home, I had turned on Craft Spells and was jamming to some of their tunes, when the music suddenly stopped. A phone number I did not recognize was flashing on my phone. I answered and sure enough it was another resort I had applied at, weeks before. On the other line was the assistant director of human resources, offering me two jobs.

Well come Thursday the 5th, and I have one interview and two jobs offers still standing. Where did this come from!

I am more than happy to accept it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment