Monday, December 8, 2014

The Toughest of Times

In all honesty I love living in San Diego County. It has been the best couple of months in my life. IT is free, warm, and you can really do whatever you want, within reason. I have picked up a new skill, I have also learned many new things while working at the Hyatt House. It has been a positive experience. I have grown stronger, created a better eating habitat, for the most part. I have curbed my appetite for alcoholic beverages, to a point. On a side note, we all have our moments of weakness, I am not immune to that fact.

My main goal when I came to Oceanside was to kick a very nasty habitat, and I have achieved that. I no longer dabble in that life ruining substance. I owe my thanks to San Diego County. Without a doubt. 

Now opportunity is knocking at my door. After months of trying to find work down here, I have gotten an interview with a prestigious company up in Northern California. I feel lucky, but at the same time I have worked damned hard to get where I am. I am no slouch. Though, I may have acted like one for a few years back in my home town. I am here, as a new man, ready to take on the world in whatever capacity I am presented. I am ready, I am focused, I am determined. I see your progress and I raise you mine. This is not to boast, or deem my endeavors more important. I am simply stating that I have done things that I am extremely proud of and I will continue until I am in a place where I can say, "Enough, this is where I want to plant my roots." 

Here's to being 24 with plans and the building blocks to take on those plans. To dreams, and preparation, the two things that have gotten me through the toughest of times. Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment